Transport of large groups
Transport of large groups in Amsterdam? The best way to do that is by boat!
When it comes to transporting large groups of people in Amsterdam, there are plenty of options to choose from. From buses to taxis and bicycles to the metro and tram, there are several ways to get people from A to B. Below we discuss the advantages of transporting large groups of people by boat. We will explain why this is the best option in Amsterdam, what types of boats are available and how best to plan for your next group trip.
Advantages of transporting large groups by boat
- Unique experience: Transporting a large group of people by boat offers a unique and unforgettable experience. It gives the group the opportunity to see the city from a different perspective and admire the sights from the water.
- Comfortable: Boats are generally more spacious than other means of transport. Passengers have more room to move and relax. In addition, most boats are equipped with comfortable seats and toilets on board.
- Flexible: Boats are often more flexible in the center of Amsterdam than other means of transport. They can stop at different locations and are not limited to the roads available to other vehicles. This makes it easier to drop off and pick up at specific locations.
- Fast: Boats can often get to their final destination faster than other forms of transport. This means you can get around the city faster and more efficiently. Especially if you want to travel with a large group from a location in Amsterdam center to Amsterdam North, a boat is the means of transport par excellence.
- Eco-Friendly: Boats are an eco-friendly option for group transportation. They emit less - or even none at all (most boats are electric!) - CO2 than cars or buses and have no negative impact on air quality.
Types of boats available for group transportation
- Tour boats: Tour boats are ideal for transporting large groups of people who want to explore the city or be transported from A to B. They are usually equipped with comfortable seats and some even have a bar on board.
- Party ships: Party ships are a fun and unique way to organize a group outing or company party. They are equipped with dance floors, bars and sometimes even a DJ. These ships usually cannot sail in the canals, but they do sail on the IJ and on the Amstel
- Sloops and saloon boats: suitable for groups of up to 90 people. They can moor at up to 100 public jetties in and around the center of Amsterdam. There is a suitable boat for almost every group and every specific need. Use the appropriate search criteria on our site, or chat with the BoatNow team.
- Canal bikes or 'Self Drive' boats: Canal bikes or self drive boats are a nice option for groups who like to be active during their trip. They can accommodate up to 4 people by ‘bike’ or 12 by boat and can be rented at various locations in the city.
How do you plan a group trip by boat in Amsterdam?
- Choose the type of boat: Depending on your group and the purpose of the trip, you should choose the type of boat that best suits your needs. See the previous paragraph for this.
- Choose the route: Consider the sights you want to see and the locations you want to visit. Then choose the route that best suits your plans.
- Book your boat: Book your boat well in advance to avoid disappointment. Make sure you have the details of your trip, such as the date, time and number of passengers, ready when you book.
- Prepare your group: Make sure your group is aware of the details of the trip, such as the departure time and location, and make sure they arrive on time.
- Enjoy your trip: Sit back, relax and enjoy the unique experience of transporting a large group of people by boat through the beautiful waterways of Amsterdam.
If you are looking for a unique and unforgettable way to transport a large group of people in Amsterdam, boat transport is the best option. It offers comfort, flexibility, speed and is environmentally friendly. With different types of boats available and the ability to plan your route and journey, it is easy to organize your next group trip by boat.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks on board the boat? Yes, most boats allow you to bring your own food and drinks. However, always check the terms and conditions of your specific boat rental company before doing so.
- Do we have to wear life jackets during the trip? No, life jackets are not required
- Can I take a cruise in the evenings? Yes, there are several evening cruises available, often with illuminated landmarks along the route.
- Are there restrictions on the number of passengers that can be carried? Yes, there are restrictions on the number of passengers that can be carried depending on boat size and safety